Get the Facts about ME/CFS
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), commonly referred to as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), is a complex, chronic, debilitating disease affecting up to 2.5 million Americans.
- ME/CFS can affect anyone at any time; we are all vulnerable
- One quarter of ME/CFS patients will become house- or bedbound in their lifetime
- ME/CFS costs U.S. taxpayers up to $24 billion a year
- The cause of ME/CFS is unknown, and there is no cure
- U.S. spending on ME/CFS is the lowest of any disease this severe
Learn more about ME/CFS and its symptoms.
The Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) fights to make ME/CFS understood, diagnosable, and treatable. We provide funding for high-quality ME/CFS studies, foster increased collaboration among ME/CFS researchers, and engage in advocacy to push the federal government into making ME/CFS research a higher priority.
Solve ME/CFS Initiative is the first and only ME/CFS organization to earn the highest possible distinction (a 4-star rating) from Charity Navigator, America’s largest independent charity evaluator.
Please note that, due to transaction costs, the minimum cash donation amount accepted is $3.00.